Community Rules & Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of Global Equity Organization’s (“GEO”) online community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will comply with these rules and guidelines, which govern your participation in our community (the “Code of Conduct”). If you do not agree, then you may not participate or otherwise make use of the online community. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to those best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our Member Services department using the “Contact Us” link on this site.
• Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as this medium permits you to have your say.
• Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information only if you believe it would help them.
• Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and such public comments could be subject to legal action if they are intemperate, inaccurate or could be viewed by the authorities as a violation of applicable laws, including laws relating to antitrust, false advertising, consumer protection, export control, and unfair or deceptive practices.
• All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, disparaging, harassing, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
• Comply with all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
• Understand that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site.
• Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not post the same message on several lists or libraries.
All messages must add to the body of knowledge.
• We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason and remove it from the lists and libraries to which it was posted.
Discussion Group Etiquette
• Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation and location. Our privacy practices for our website may be found at http://www.globalequity.org/geo/privacypolicy
• Concisely and clearly state the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
• Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
• Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information from which everyone can benefit.
• Please send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
• Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
• Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of GEO. GEO is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by GEO or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall GEO be liable for any direct, special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
You shall not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, disparaging, harassing or illegal materials. You shall not post any information or other material protected by any intellectual property right (including, without limitation, rights under laws related to copyright, trademark, patent, and trade secret) for which you are not the owner or otherwise do not have the necessary rights to post. By posting material, you (a) warrant and represent that you own the copyright with respect to such material or have the necessary rights to post from the copyright owner; and (b) hereby grant to GEO a nonexclusive, transferable, royalty-free, fully paid up, worldwide license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, prepare derivative works of, use, and otherwise exploit such material.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others, and require our users and customers to do the same. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any user content infringes your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3):
• A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
• Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works on the Services or available through our services are covered by a single notification and identification of each such copyrighted work is both impractical and overly burdensome, a representative list of such works at those locations;
• Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
• Your contact information, including email address, postal address, and telephone number;
• A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
• A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
GEO does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of GEO, we will take appropriate action as we deem necessary in our sole discretion.
We may periodically modify or update this Code of Conduct with or without prior notice by posting the modified or updated Code of Conduct on our website. You are responsible for periodically checking this Code of Conduct for changes. Your continued use of the community following the effective date of a modified or updated Code of Conduct constitutes your consent to the contents of such Code of Conduct; and such modified or updated Code of Conduct will be effective as of the date of its posting or being made available through our website. If you do not agree to future changes to this Code of Conduct, you must stop using the community after the effective date of such changes.
We respect your privacy
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site
Our Service Providers.
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.
For any other information please contact us using the Contact Us page