Cathy is a Partner in Ernst & Young’s Human Capital Practice and focuses on HR and payroll strategy, risk management, compliance and operational efficiency. She primarily concentrates on financial services organizations regarding global rewards, risk and internal controls, HR and payroll efficiency and mobility issues. More specifically, Cathy’s experience includes:
• Identifying opportunities to mitigate HR risk and further improve HR processes and systems;
• Analyzing compensation and benefit programs for cost and process efficiencies;
• Analyzing the tax implications for expatriate programs for large multinational organizations;
• Assisting with the search, selection and conversion of the third-party administrators for equity arrangements;
• Identifying control gaps and opportunities to further the efficiency and effectiveness of current payroll and HR processes based on established knowledge of best practices;
• Assisting companies in the assessment of service delivery models related to the delivery of payroll, equity and other benefits, including the modeling of future state processes to support the new administrative arrangements;
• Outlining and auditing the payroll implications for delivering compensation, benefits and perquisites to employees and non-employees in over 80 countries; and
• Designing tax-efficient and competitive long-term and short-term incentive programs for senior management and broad-based groups.
Cathy is a graduate from the University of Iowa having received a BBA in Accounting. Cathy is a Board member of the Certified Equity Professional Institute and a member of the National Association of Stock Plan Professionals. She is a Certified Public Accountant in California and Illinois.